Go to content
You are here: Frontpage Leisure Radio amateurs Radio amateurs Information for radio amateurs visiting Norway
Last update

Information for radio amateurs visiting Norway

A radio amateur who holds a valid CEPT license according to CEPT recommendation T/R 61-01 may use his radio amateur equipment during short stays in Norway without having to apply for a separate license.

The call sign to be used is LA/home call. The same apply for Svalbard except that the prefix to be used is JW.

Radio Amateurs coming from countries which have not implemented the CEPT licence should contact the Norwegian Communications Authority (Nkom) at firmapost@nkom.no.

The CEPT license is not valid for Bouvet Island, Peter I Island or Norwegian territory in the Antarctic.